- Please purchase Reserved seat tickets at the JR Ticket Counter (Midori-no-madoguchi) or JR Travel Service Center (Twinkle Plaza).
- Ordinary car tickets for short-distance rides can be purchased at Automatic ticket vendors.
- Some Automatic ticket vendors also have information displayable in English.
- Credit cards are accepted at JR Ticket Counters (Midori-no-madoguchi)
- Tickets cannot be purchased at Tomamu Station. If boarding a train from Tomamu Station, please purchase a ticket from another station in advance.
Where to Purchase Tickets
How to Purchase Tickets
Please have the following information ready:
- 1. Station of departure and station of arrival
- 2. Day and time of use
- 3. Type of Train (Limited express (Limited express train) or Local train)
- 4. Number of passengers (adults and children ages 6 - 11)
- 5. Seat type (Non-reserved seat / Reserved seat / First-class car (Green Car) Reserved Seat)
- *Please use the Automatic ticket vendor for purchasing tickets for short-distance rides.
How to use the Automatic ticket checker
Insert your ticket into the ticket insertion slot. When entering the automatic ticket checker, take your ticket at the other end. When exiting the ticket checker, one-way tickets are collected by the automatic ticket checker.
There are tickets which cannot be used in automatic ticket checker. If you have one of the following tickets, please pass through a staff attended gate.
- Hokkaido Rail Pass
- Japan Rail Pass
- Tickets on which the reverse side is white or grey
In the Event of Missing a Train on Which You Have a Reserved Seat
Limited Express reserved seat tickets, Green Car tickets and other such tickets are not valid after the departure of the specified train and cannot be refunded.
If you miss your train, you will be entitled to a non-reserved seat in an Ordinary car on a later train on the same day. However, if you use a reserved seat, you will be required to pay the full amount of the Limited Express reserved seat charge.