Use「JR-EAST Train Reservation」
for a Pleasant Rail Travel!
Online Advanced Booking of Reserved Seats
Travelers planning to purchase Hokkaido Rail Pass, JR East-South Hokkaido Rail Pass, and Japan Rail Pass
Seat reservations can be made even before purchasing your rail pass.
without a rail pass
Seat reservations can be made in advance even if you don’t plan to use a rail pass.
Seat reservations are available in advance using JR-EAST Train Reservation.
Please reserve seats from the following website.
Reservations can be made up to one month prior to your departure date.
- Please purchase your rail pass separately at a designated travel agency overseas or the places in Japan where passes are sold. Rail passes cannot be purchased using JR-EAST Train Reservation.
- Reservations must be made 3 days prior to the departure date of your train (23:40 Japan Standard Time).You will be required to create a user account before making a reservation. Please have a credit card and e-mail address available to use with this account. Account registration is free of charge.
- Reserved seat limited express ticket charges will be displayed on the reservation confirmation screen after making your reservation, even if you made a reservation under the condition that you will be using a rail pass. Your credit card has not been charged at this point.
- Shinkansen, Limited Express trains, and Rapid Airport trains in the JR Hokkaido area. (*Portion of trains excluded)
- Shinkansen and major Limited Express trains in the JR East area (*Portion of trains excluded)
- Hokuriku Shinkansen (Tokyo - Kanazawa)
*Reservations cannot be made for sightseeing trains or special trains.
Trains in Hokkaido for which reservations can be made
- Sapporo～Wakkanai：Ltd. Exp. Soya
- Sapporo～Hakodate：Ltd. Exp. Super Hokuto,Ltd. Exp. Hokuto
- Sapporo～Noboribetsu～Higashi-Muroran：Ltd. Exp. Suzuran
- Sapporo～Asahikawa：Ltd. Exp. Kamui, Ltd. Exp. Lilac
- New Chitose Airport～Sapporo～Otaru：Rapid Airport
- Sapporo～Abashiri：Ltd. Exp. Okhotsk
- Asahikawa～Abashiri：Ltd. Exp.Taisetsu
- Asahikawa～Wakkanai：Ltd. Exp. Sarobetsu
- Sapporo～Obihiro：Ltd. Exp. Super Tokachi
- Sapporo～Obihiro～Kushiro：Ltd. Exp. Super Ozora
Trains in Hokkaido for which reservations cannot be made
- Sightseeing trains and special trains：Furano Lavender Express, Furano Biei Norokko Train, Kushiro Shitsugen Norokko Train, Ltd. Exp. Lilac Asahiyama Zoo Train etc.
*There are cases in which reserved seat tickets cannot be collected in JR Hokkaido area depending on reserved sections/trains. Please see the user guide on our website for more details.
- Reservations cannot be changed through JR-EAST Train Reservation. Please cancel your reservation and make a new one.
- Please cancel your reservation using the JR-EAST Train Reservation website. Reservations can be canceled for free up to 2 days before the departure of your train (by 23:40 Japan Standard Time). Cancellations past that time will incur a 310 yen handling fee per seat. Reserved tickets not retrieved by 21:00 (Japan Standard Time) before the day of departure will be automatically canceled and a 310 yen handling fee per seat will be charged to the credit card you registered.
Retrieving Your reserved seat tickets
After arriving in Japan, please retrieve your tickets at the place which you specified in your reservation.
When retrieving your tickets, please present your reservation number and your registered credit card, and please tell the station staff that you would like reserved seat tickets booked by JR-EAST Train Reservation.
- Where to receive tickets
- Designated JR Hokkaido Stations / JR Travel Service Center (Twinkle Plaza) / JR Information Desk.
- Designated JR East Stations / Travel Service Center / Information Center.
- Toyama Station and Kanazawa Station in JR West area.
*Please note that there is a limitation on places where you can receive reserved seat tickets when using a rail pass.
Example: When using the JR East-South Hokkaido Rail Pass, you cannot receive reserved seat tickets at Asahikawa Station(which is outside of the pass usage area).
For travelers using a rail pass
1.Purchase/exchange your rail pass
A rail pass can be purchased at the place you retrieve your reserved seat tickets.
If you already have a voucher purchased in advance, the only thing you need to do is exchange it for a rail pass.
- Rail pass issuance/payment
- Issuance of reserved seat ticket (free of charge)
2.Present your reservation number and the registered credit card
*A separate fee will be charged for reserved seat tickets for sections outside of the designated usage area of the rail pass.
Example: When using the JR East-South Hokkaido Rail Pass, extra charges will be incurred if reserving a seat for Sapporo - Asahikawa, which is outside of the pass usage area.
*The Japan Rail Pass can be used for reserved seats on all trains that can be reserved.
For travelers without a rail pass
Present your reservation number and
the registered credit card
- Purchase/issuance/payment for
designated reserved seat limited express tickets and basic fare tickets for the designated section
*Basic fare ticket charge is not included in the price amount indicated on the reservation confirmation document.
You are required to purchase a basic fare ticket separately.
|Seat Charge*1:||JPY 3,110|
Example: If booking a reserved seat on the Super Hokuto No. 6, the 3,110 yen amount displayed on the reservation confirmation screen only accounts for the reserved seat limited express ticket from Sapporo to Hakodate.
For riding the train, it is necessary to purchase a separate basic fare ticket for Sapporo to Hakodate for 5,720 yen. The total fare for tickets (one-way) will be 8,830 yen.
When receiving a reserved seat ticket, please be sure to purchase the appropriate basic fare ticket.
- Ticket(s) are to be retrieved before the day of the departure of your train, by 21:00 (Japan Standard Time) and during business hours of the designated places.
- Reserved tickets not retrieved by the aforementioned deadline will be canceled and automatically refunded (a 310 yen handling fee per seat will be charged).
- Please don’ t forget the registered credit card!
- Reserved seat tickets will not be issued outside the designated places displayed on the screen at the time of booking.
*As JR-EAST Train Reservation cannot be used if you plan to collect your tickets on the same day as you ride a train, please receive the reserved seat tickets by showing your Hokkaido Rail Pass at JR Ticket Counter (Midori-no-madoguchi).
For frequently asked questions
Please refer to the following website.